Can reading beautiful family quotes really make your heart swell with love?
If you’re anything like me, they also wring your heart with tenderness for the family you have and make you shed tears of happiness.
Quotes are powerful. For me to love them, they must meet my ICE formula.
• I – inspire
• C – comfort
• E – encourage
A great family quote offers inspiration to do better with your own family.
It also comforts especially in times of loss. And a brilliant family quote gives encouragement to persevere in tough times.
Now that the festive period is upon us, there will be the usual round of family dinners and visits.
It’s so easy to get worked up over cranky Aunt Mary’s nitpicking or Uncle Joe’s rude jokes.
But a table dressed in your best Bone China dinner set and adorned with Food Network type dishes without family to share brings no joy.
My list of quotes is intended to remind you about the importance of family – whether they’re made up of blood relatives or friends and neighbors who are like family to you.
And yes, they all meet my ICE formula.
20 Beautiful quotes about family love, loyalty, and support
1. The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family.
2. Is this what family is like: the feeling that everyone’s connected, that with one piece missing, the whole thing’s broken?
Trenton Lee Stewart
3. When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching – they are your family.
5. You can kiss your family and friends good-bye and put miles between you,but at the same time, you carry them with you in your heart,your mind, your stomach,because you do not just live in a world but a world lives in you.
6. Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.
Wanda Hope Carter
7. Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights and our comfort when we occasionally falter.
8. Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.
9. The most important thing in the world is family and love.
10. My family is everything. I am what I am thanks to my mother, my father, my brother, my sister… because they have given me everything. The education I have is thanks to them.
11. Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.”
John C. Maxwell
12. My family is my life, and everything else comes second as far as what’s important to me.
13. What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.
14. In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.
15. Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.
16. Many men can make a fortune but very few can build a family.
17. The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.
18. No Family Is Perfect. We Argue, We Fight. We Even Stop Talking to Each Other at Times. But in the End, Family Is Family. The Love Will Always Be There.
19. Because I had my family, I felt like I could be a bird and fly and experience and do. Because I had roots somewhere, I knew that they would love me no matter what, and I could always go back home and they were going to love me.
20. If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.
Frequently asked questions
1. Why is family so important?
A sense of belonging and identity
A safety net to catch you in times of trouble
A strong value system
Support and encouragement in all that you do
Acceptance as you are warts and all
2. How do you show unconditional love to your family?
Encourage a team mentality where you give support and love generously
Avoid judgement and practice tolerance
Show compassion and understanding
3. What are a few ways to nurture love for your family?
Here are simple and practical tips to boost your family bonds:
Eat dinner together everyday
Schedule family night activities like board games or movies weekly
Spend time together outdoors
Have family meetings to make decisions together
Set family goals and work to realize them
4. What are must see movies about family love?
Watching movies together is a great way to connect and bond as a family. Here are 5 unmissable movies to enjoy with your family:
The Pursuit of Happyness
Yours, Mine & Ours
I Am Sam